We are hiring a full-time Welder for a growing industrial Cobourg manufacturer to expand their production team.
HOURS OF WORK: Monday to Friday 7am to 3.30pm
RATE OF PAY: $25.00 p/h to start plus strong benefits package
- Operates safety equipment and uses safe work habits while performing his job function.
- Welds components in flat, and horizontal
- Ignites torches or starts power supplies and strikes arcs by touching electrodes to metals being welded, completing electrical circuits.
- Detects faulty operation of equipment or defective materials and notifies supervisors.
- Clamps, holds, tack-weld, heat-bend, grind or bolts component parts to obtain required configurations and positions for welding.
- Operates manual or semi-automatic welding equipment to fuse metal segments, using processes such as, gas metal arc, and flux-cored arc, plasma arc,
- Monitors the fitting, burning, and welding processes to avoid overheating of parts of warping, shrinking, distortion, or expansion of materials.
- Examines work pieces for defects and measures work pieces with straightedges or templates to ensure conformance with specifications.
- Recognizes, set up, and operates hand and power tools common to the welding trade, such as shielded metal arc and gas metal arc welding equipment
- Lay out, position, align, and secure parts and assemblies prior to assembly, using straightedges, combination squares, calipers, and rulers.
- High school diploma or equivalent
- Welding certificate
- Fork lift license – considered an asset,
- Experienced with the use of all tools normally found in a metal fabrication shop, Welders, Saws, hand tools, steel cutting tools (CNC an asset)
- Strong commitment to safety in the workplace.
- Ability to understand drawings and production work orders.
- Flexible work schedules and working overtime based on production demand.
- Physical activities that require considerable use of your arms and legs and moving the whole body, such as climbing, lifting, balancing, walking, stooping, and handling of materials.