We are seeking a full-time Property Maintenance Service Technician for our client in the St Catharines’ area, Ontario. This position reports directly to the Service Manager.
For this role we are looking for someone who will ensure that the entire student building is always in safe and good working order. This includes a combination of general labour, preventative maintenance tasks and daily repair requisitions. In a nutshell we are looking for a competent handy person!
Start Date: As soon as possible
Rate of Pay: $21-$23 per hour. Also signing bonus.
- Attending to any work orders provided to you by the Service Manager or Leasing staff in a timely manner, and informing them once the job has been completed
- Assessing interior and exterior of properties and buildings to see if there are any issues needing to be addressed
- Addressing any minor plumbing issues
- Addressing any minor HVAC issues
- Addressing any appliance repairs
- Repairing any door, frame or trim damages
- Ability to paint and patch properly throughout the buildings
- Removing snow from all sidewalks and parking lots as required including holidays and weekends, with the use of snow blowers and Bob Cat machinery
- Landscaping the property during the summer months with the use of lawn mower and other landscaping tools as required
- Removal of any trash noticed throughout the community
- Assisting with any quarterly or monthly inspections
- Attending any staff meetings as required
- Other duties as assigned
- 1-2 years property maintenance experience
- Must possess excellent oral and written communication skills
- Must possess basic computer skills
- Must possess the ability to understand and adhere to policies and procedures
- Must possess basic math skills
- Must be punctual and dependable as hours may vary and include weekends and holidays
- At least three years of related experience which includes HVAC, plumbing and electrical.
- Physically fit
- Certificate of Trade is considered an asset
- High School Diploma or equivalent