We are hiring a Maintenance Supervisor for a high speed packaging company in Grafton, Ontario. In this role you will be responsible for providing high-level electromechanical technical support to all departments, developing and mentoring operators and other maintenance technicians, and driving continuous improvements efforts.
START: As soon as possible
RATE OF PAY: $40.00 to $45.00 P/H depending on experience. Extended health and dental care, life insurance.
HOURS OF WORK: 6.30am to 3.00pm – Day shift
- Work directly with management to develop and execute focused improvement projects involving process optimizations, upgrades, and the resolution of reoccurring problems
- Resolve complex electrical issues including diagnostics of sensors, programing, variable frequency drives, servo motors and controllers, communication systems (asi-bus, profi-bus, Ethernet), PLC input/output cards, safety modules and other electrical components.
- Work with equipment manufactures technical support to proficiently troubleshoot, diagnose and repair complex machine and process issues within mechanical, electrical, pneumatic, hydraulic and controls systems.
- Read and interpret schematics for mechanical, electrical, hydraulic, pneumatic, logic, process flow and instrumentation diagrams. Teach others to read also.
- Coach and develop operators and other technicians on proper equipment set up, operation, changeovers, regular maintenance and technical troubleshooting procedures.
- Develop plans, lead others and execute hands on preventative maintenance and annual rebuilds, working with suppliers to minimize equipment downtime and repair cost.
- Lead operators, technicians and other peers by example on following safety, quality and environmental sustainability programs.
- Provide a strong presence on the production floor, monitoring all equipment and operators for safety, quality and efficiency risks or improvements.
- Maintain parts and supplies inventories by checking stock to determine inventory level; anticipating needed equipment, parts, and supplies; placing and expediting orders, verifying receipt.
- Minimum 5 years’ electromechanical experience in a high speed packaging and/or manufacturing environment (food industry is highly preferred)
- Minimum 2 Years’ experience leading and developing others in a technical capacity.
- Minimum 1 years’ experience working on continuous improvement projects.
- Inter-Provincial Red Seal Certificate holders would be preferred for this position.
- Possess strong electrical control and PLC knowledge applicable to executing the primary responsibilities.
- Possess strong organization, time management, communication and interpersonal skills.
- Strong knowledge of preventative maintenance programs (CMMS).
- Must have personal hand tools applicable to performing the primary responsibilities.
- Excellent knowledge of Health & Safety and Lockout Procedures.
- Good knowledge of MS Office software.
- Possess a positive drive to assist all departments, as required.