Our client, Canada’s largest independent home improvement retailer, who has built a reputation of providing quality products, top-notch/first-rate customer service and exceptional personal touch to all their customers, is looking to bring on a General Manager for their location in Cobourg, just an hour and 15 minutes east of Toronto. Our client provides a competitive salary, incentives and benefit plan.
This is a great opportunity for someone who is looking to make a move within the local market or who is interested in relocating to the beautiful countryside of Northumberland County and minutes away from Lake Ontario.
Reporting to the ownership group, the General Manager will be accountable for a high-performance team that consistently achieves the revenue, profitability, and customer experience targets of the business. As the General Manager you will be responsible for leading, mentoring and training direct reports through goal setting and fostering a collaborative environment. You will be a self-motivated and results-driven person who is motivated to achieve operational efficiencies in a fast-paced environment. You are naturally collaborative, resourceful and keeps a close eye on key performance indicators. As the General Manager you will oversee the people and systems that generate the success and will be willing to do what it takes to maintain a high level of customer service, increase sales and control costs!
This role requires an experienced hands-on leader that has experience leading sales teams and building relationships with existing and new clients. The successful candidate will be strategic and lead the planning, directing, and evaluating of all aspects of store operations, while demonstrating an entrepreneurial flair in assessing the market and identifying new opportunities. We are looking for someone who has the following qualifications:
- A proven track record of success in a retail environment, with a focus on home improvement, building supplies, or hardware sector is preferred
- Minimum 7 to 10 years’ experience in a retail supervisory/leadership role with progressive levels of responsibility
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Post-secondary education in Business Accounting or equivalent will be considered an asset
- Proven ability to successfully lead a team of 60 team members
- Exceptional budgeting and finance skills
- Demonstrates ability to attract and retain excellent performers and develop high performing teams
- Experience working in an environment with a strong emphasis on inventory control
HOW TO APPLY
If you believe this position could be the perfect fit for you, apply now. Qualified applicants are asked to submit their resume along with a covering letter to email@example.com We thank all applicants, however, only those who meet the requirements of the position above will be contacted.